Quality Grades & Reliability
The available Quality Grades are defined in 3D PLUS Process Identification Document. The Quality Grade of a product is a combination of a temperature range and a screening level.
The available temperature ranges are:
- C: 0 °C / 70 °C
- I: - 40 °C / + 85 °C
- M: - 55 °C / + 125 °C
- S: Specific on customer's demand
The available screening levels are:
- N: Commercial
- B: Industrial
- S: Space (as per European Space Agency qualification)
The combinations of « Temperature Range » and « Screening level » allow serving a broad range of applications and customers’ requirements. For Space applications, «-IB» Quality Grade is used for Engineering Models and «-IS» or «-MS» Quality Grade are used for Flight Models.
Screening Level Description
The screening flow depends on the stacking technology flow used: Standard Packages stacking (Flow 1) or Flex stacking (Flow 2).
In space terminology, Engineering Models (EM) correspond to the Industrial level and Flight Models (FM) correspond to the Space level.
It shall be noted that this standard screening level can be amended through a detail specification / source control drawing.
|Technology||Steps & operations||Screening level|
|Flow 1||Flow 2||Commercial||Industrial||Space|
|Process Identification Document (PID)|
|Module test specification|
|Module detail specification / Source Control Drawing|
|Procurement and Element Evaluation for EEE Parts, Mechanical Parts and Materials|
|Components and Materials lots traceability|
|Components and Materials Lot Acceptance Test (LAT)|
|Radiation Lot Acceptance Test (RLAT)||(7)|
|Manufacturing traceability for each module lot|
|Flex assembly according to PID|
|Electrical test at +25°C – Go / NoGo||(3)||(3)|
|Burn-in flex 168hrs +125°C followed by an electrical test at +25°C – Go / NoGo||(2)|
|Flex Precap visual inspection before stacking|
|Module Manufacturing according to the PID|
|Electrical test at +25°C – Go / NoGo|
|Stab. Bake 72hrs +125°C|
|Thermal cycles (x10) –55°C/+125°C|
|Electrical test at +25°C pre burn-in with R&R|
|Burn-in 240hrs / +125°C|
|Electrical test at Tmin, +25°C, Tmax, (6)||(Go/NoGo)||(R&R)|
|Parameters drift calculation at +25°C|
|Final external visual inspection|
|Dimensions measurements (3 modules)|
|Module Lot Acceptance Test - (7)|
|Life test 1000hrs / +125°C|
|Electrical test at Tmin, +25°C, Tmax, Post life test with R&R – (6)|
|Parameters drift calculation à +25°C|
|Final external visual inspection|
|Final DPA (1 module)|
|Customer source inspection|
|Documentation delivered||Delivery Note||Delivery Note + CoC||Delivery Note + EIDP (8)|
(1) If option 1 is selected, modules are serialized and components lots traceability is kept through the flow.
(2) If option 2 is selected, a 168hrs burn-in is performed for each flex. Therefore, the module burn-in duration may be reduced to 96 hrs.
(3) If option 3 is selected, each flex is electrically tested.
(4) PDA calculation is in accordance with ECSS-Q-ST-60-05C:
- For Parametric Drift failure, if the number of failed modules exceeds 5% of the number of modules submitted to burn-in and electrical measurements the lot shall be rejected.
- If the cumulative total of Parameter Drift Failures and Parameter Limit Failures exceeds 10% of the number of modules submitted to burn-in and electrical measurements, the lot shall be rejected.
(5) Modules LAT sample according to ECSS-Q-ST-60-05C:
|Module lot size||Sample 1e lot||Sample next lots|
|1 to 25||2||1|
|26 to 50||3||2|
|51 to 90||4||3|
(6) Unless otherwise specified, electrical test temperatures are: Tmin=-55°C and Tmax=+125°C
(7) Generic radiation tests reports are available for every catalogue product. Lot specific radiation tests are performed on demand for a specific product batch.
(8) The End Item Data Package (EIDP) includes all the traceability information for the product (screening summary, embedded parts & materials references, detailed electrical tests results, LAT and DPA reports,).
3D PLUS modules are designed to support harsh environments proved by both environmental and mechanical tests.
The table below lists some tests successfully withstood by 3D PLUS modules.
|Extended Thermal Cycles||500cycles -55° to 125°C||MIL-STD-883 M1010 Cond.B|
|Extended Thermal Cycles||500cycles -65° to 150°C||MIL-STD-883 M1010 Cond.C|
|Thermal Cycles under vacuum||10^-6 torr
10 cycles -40°C/+70°C
|Low Temp Storage||-130°C||Specific|
|High Temp Storage||2000hrs / 150°C||MIL-STD-883 M1008
|High Temp Operating under pressure||1000hrs / 150°C / 1000bars||Specific|
|Dynamic Life Test||2000hrs / +125°C||MIL-STD-883 M1015|
|Power Cycling||30K cycles on/off
120s on (+110°C)
60s off (+40°C)
|Resistance to Humidity|
|THB Test||1000hrs +85°C/85%RH||MIL-STD-202 M103|
|HAST||264hrs / +110°C||JEDEC STD 22TMA110|
(industrial varnished modules)
|24hrs||MIL-STD-883 M1009 Cond.
|Mechanical shock||Y1 / 0.5ms / 1500g||MIL-STD-883 M2002 Cond.B|
|Peak Acceleration||40 000g||Specific|
|Sine Vibrations||20Hz – 2000Hz
Peak acceleration 20g/3axes
|MIL-STD-883 M2007 Cond.A|
|Random Vibrations||// to mating plane 30g/15min
To mating plane 30g/15min
|MIL-STD-883 M2026 Cond.I
|Outgassing||TML & RML <1%
|Lead Integrity||MIL-STD-883 M2004|
|Marking permanency||MIL-STD-883 M2015|
|Electrical Sensitivity Discharge|
|ESD||Human Body Model||ESD STM 5.1-1998|
3DPA-0850-4 Module Quality Classification Levels
Inventor of 3D stacked Electronics for Space
High Quality referential with ISO and Space Agencies Certifications
Our support teams are everywhere you are to ensure your satisfaction
Rugged components able to withstand harsh environments and space radiation effects
Dense, fast, rad hardened, System in Packages, miniaturized
Over 16 years of flight heritage and 100 000 modules in Space